Monday, March 31, 2008

My Disco + Fabulous Diamonds & kes(with band)

The Corner 22/3 MY DISCO!(space) (album launch) + Fabulous Diamonds & kes(with band). $10+BF.

Fabulous Diamonds

Fabulous Diamonds had some interesting instrumentals but I didn't care much for the singing, was a bit for the sake of singing trendy (that does that make sense).

Kes is always interesting to see, last time was at the Tote where he played a solo show, plenty of psych riffs to take you off this planet. With a band its the next level, plenty of layers and locals. There were even some more poppy tracks, which reminded me of where I first herd Kes on a Unstable Ape sampler (do they still exist?). Also if any one knows was he part of the Bird Blobs?


My Disco

Last time I saw My Disco was at the Arthouse with the likes of Envy, Brisk and Art Vandelay. which was a quite a different style of gig with more harder edge bands. I just can't pin My Disco down as they can fit anywhere. Sometimes they are Punk, Experimental Guitar, hints of Metal and even a whisper of Indie. What I like about this band is that the whole sound and performance is very hypnotic and addictive, proving that sometimes something so minimal can open new part of the imagination.


No comments: