Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Crystal Castles


Crystal Castles and GameBoy/GameGirl at Click Click, 23/12/07

I've complained about this place click click before, but can't find the post, but this place is full of kids and acts are never on stage for that long. Which was the case for this night, but with the exception for the kids as they weren't that bad at all this time.

I think from what I recall GameBoy/GameGirl only had about 20 minutes on stage, but they did do a non stop show, although maybe a little bit of polishing wouldn't go astray to the act. I really like what I've heard, and didn't think it was equal or better on stage, if that makes any sense.

GameBoy/GameGirl - Sweaty Wet/Dirty Damp

When Crystal Castles finally came on stage the place was packed and all the kids were going nuts. Although they only played for 30 minutes (it was about $25 or about that to see them) it was non stop, with the exception of the swig of some liquid. I was really pleased they played so hard but left wanting more. To me this sound of electronics, a drumkit, and live vocals is the sound of the future (although when I think about it many other band have done this, but they sound so fresh). Song highlights included 'Alice Practice' and 'Crime wave'.

No comments: