Friday, October 17, 2008

SDS & Fire Fire! at The Old Bar

Fire Fire! - Isolation

The Old Bar, Fitzroy, Thursday 16th Roctober 2008.
Little Killing, Fire Fire!, and SDS. $5.

I think SDS started playing first, who I gather are a new act, four piece from Melbourne. I quickly came to a conclusion they were Grunge, not really punk or rock. But an Epic Experimental Grunge. The first song they played was a great instrumental, but I thought the singing wasn't too polished.

When I first heard the above track I thought of Frans Ferdinand but they list some of there influences on there MySpace as At the drive-in, The Killers, The Strokes and Interpol, and could even here a tad of Joy Division. Unfortunately I only got to here a couple of songs by Fire Fire! and then had to leave, so I also missed out on Little Killing.

No comments: