Thursday, September 10, 2009

Old and New

Did a little venue hop on Wednesday 9/9/09.

Bar Open had IN BETWEEN WORDS: readings & performances, covers of songs by The Triffids & David McComb. I this gig I managed to see Blackeyed Susans Trio and Single Men’s Drinking Club. Both were very good. Single Men's drinking Club did this great cover of a Triffids song that I don't know the name, but it started with spoken word then went all prog rock. The old problem I find with Bar Open is that there are too many seats, hard to walk around in the dark then bumping into one, and way too many people. I was sweating like it was 40c in summer and make it even more annoying people all around me were breaking wind, which made me run out of the Blackeyed Susans Trio to take cover.

After that went to the Birmingham and caught last song by Into the Woods and a full set by The Thod.
Later went to see the thod, young kids who have small turn outs to there gigs. This was the third time that I have seen them play, for a small venue the sound was good, a very much relaxed gig, with a few of the band members sitting on the tiny stage, also the princible tamorinist cracks me up with his campy banter.

No comments: